ITEM NO. 5 :
THE AMAZING CONTENTS OF THE BOOK “ EASY WAY TO LEARN ENGLISH ” in four volumes
There are hundreds of books available in the market, to teach English. But a book that helps the reader to understand the English language with accuracy, clarity or completeness is what is required, though rarely available. Unless the book teaches how to make different expressions or sentences in English, how to think in English directly and also how to become fluent in English (by teaching the fluency techniques), it will not help Indian readers (or Non-English born people) in learning English for the purpose of communicating in English.
Most of the people simply count the number of pages, view the quality of paper and printing as well as calculate their cost, to evaluate a book. An intelligent and educated person should evaluate its contents – how useful the contents is for the reader to serve the purpose and not the number of pages, printing, quality and weight of paper or their cost alone.
The book “
3. The slogan of the methodology is :
“ Years of study reduced to hours of study”.
This can be experienced by every learner of this book who :
(a) reads the book, understands the contents 100% accurately, clearly and completely and stores them in his mind systematically and orderly;
(b) makes at least 100 new sentences at each level of ‘sentence making’, and recites each sentence loudly and repeatedly till it flows out of his mouth very quickly. The book provides charts containing hundreds of such sentences at each level. Each time he recites a sentence, he should visualize the total meaning of the sentence through its object and action. In the beginning when he recites a sentence, the pictures of objects and actions and their sound will be far apart. But through his repeated recitation, the gap should be reduced gradually. Finally, both the picture and the sound of words should merge and become one. There should be no gap between the picture of the item or the action visualized in the learner’s mind and the recited sound of the word, so as not to allow any other language to come in between them. Till both the items embrace each other, recitation should continue. Then the learner will start thinking in English directly. If the learner is able to make a fresh sentence effortlessly and quickly only, the practice should be considered sufficient;
(c) read the stories, conversations and topic writings (all made in the same Tense and given in the book after teaching how to make each type of sentence), several times repeatedly and adhering to punctuations, till the learner is able to tell them to somebody else without learning them by heart. It means that the learner should learn the styles of expressions in the sentences written there and make them his/her own;
(d) read the lessons in the books also loudly and repeatedly, and listen to own voice properly, understanding the meaning of the sentences each time, so that the learner’s speaking power will increase, along with his/her understanding power as well; (This helps the learner to learn English through listening to the language, as he/she learned his/her mother tongue. Because the learner is not able to hear English from others around him/her always, he/she is creating the facility self, by reading the matter loudly and listening to it as well as understanding its meaning thoroughly.)
4. Over 5,700 small discoveries and inventions have been made by Mr. Nettikkadan in the existing English language, which are available in the book “Easy Way To Learn English”, to make the learning of English totally free from confusion and doubt. These give perfect knowledge to the learner in the most systematic and interesting way. Many important and difficult things are taught through similes, stories and graphic charts. So, the teaching becomes most interesting, simple to understand and easy to remember. Thus, it can produce genuine scholars in English who will prove their worth and merit through their own performances and not merely claim through their University degrees, especially PhD degrees.
5. The existing system of teaching English has hundreds of confusions to the learner, just like “canals cut across the highway, which have no bridges”. Each canal (confusion or doubt) obstructs the forward journey of the learner in English and makes the journey cumbersome and uneasy. The distinction of this book written by Mr. Jacob Nettikkadan is that every such canal across the highway is bridged. Now the student can travel through the highway at high speed and very comfortably, with stout self confidence. That is why Mr. Jacob Nettikkadan is able to guarantee that the learner of this book will not face “any confusion or doubt” while they learn English through this book. Certainly no other book can make this claim. This type of teaching arouses and strengthens the learner’s self-confidence, the greatest asset of the educational field, which is conspicuously absent in over 95% of the students today.
6. The book depicts a chart with only 14 words each in the Actor (Subject) and Receiver of Action (Object) columns and just a word of Verb in the Action (Verb) column. From this chart the learner can get within an hour more knowledge and skill to communicate in English than what a student might acquire from some schools in five years.
7. At another point what this book guarantees is ‘perfect knowledge and total command of the English language’ for making bigger sentences, by learning a single technique or formula under the caption “Expansion of Subject and Object columns” than what a student could expect to get in many years from school, college or university study on the English language.
8. Some of the mysteries of Language Science, revealed by the methodology and contained in this four-volume book are exceptionally hair-raising, amazing and even shocking as well as boosting, at the same time, the ‘learning interest’ of the student beyond imagination. They are already listed under a separate heading “The Shocking Mysteries of Language Science”, in this website.
9. Another totally new concept and its application in the methodology is teaching the purpose of each sentence, along with the correct timing and the technique of making the sentence easily. It is based on Mr. Netttikkadan’s discovery that ‘Every sentence we speak or write in a language has a definite purpose to meet’. The total number of such purposes discovered by him is 32 in English. All the 1877 types of sentences in English have been brought under 32 families of sentences, according to their purpose, and are being taught purpose-wise and family-wise. The need for teaching these purposes is that while formulating a sentence before speaking or writing, if the purpose of the sentence is known, it will be very easy to identify the type of sentence to be selected and to choose the appropriate vocabulary for making the sentence. Otherwise there will be delay or confusion before deciding those factors which may create tension in mind that will affect the style and effect of communication.
10. According to the definition given in the Oxford dictionary for the word “grammar”, the book “Easy Way To Learn English”, in four volumes, written by Mr. Jacob Nettikkadan, is the first real English grammar book in the world, because it alone teaches how to make sentences in English to the learner (the total number being 1877). Another distinction of this book is that it does not teach to make sentences in English by using rules (as prescribed by the dictionary and which is difficult for students to learn), but goes a step more advanced than it, i.e. through a simple, easy and interesting technique or formula (which is as simple, easy and interesting as chewing a chocolate).
11. The book, for the first time in the world, deals with “timing” of all the 1877 types of sentences in English. Though the learner has to use 1877 different timings in the whole language, he has to learn only 18 timings. The trade secret for using 18 different timings against all the 1987 types of sentences is an added attraction of the book.
12. A single lesson compensates the price money
paid for buying the four volume book :
(a) “20 Wizards” - which help increase the standard, command and beautification of the English language 20 times by learning the proper use and application of 20 Conjunctions. This is one of the two most scientific and miraculous areas in the English language. School children rarely get a chance to learn the correct knowledge and proper application of Conjunctions.
(b) “40 Magicians” - which multiply your vocabulary by 40 times merely by learning the correct meaning, use and application of 40 Prepositions. This is the second most scientific and miraculous area in the English language. School children usually fail to get the correct meaning, use and application of these words.
(c) “The Magic of Questioning” : Mr. Jacob Nettikkadan’s methodology divides all the questions in English into three categories : Simple questions, Difficult questions and Extra-ordinary questions. The third item is the most complicated one and the book gives you techniques and ability to ask such questions with ease. Without using the techniques, you may ordinarily fail to ask such questions properly.
(d) “The Extra-ordinary Associate Verbs” : the most confusing,
complicated and slippery area in the English language –
(e) “Map of Language” : Being one of the six brand new inventions of Mr. Nettikkadan in the linguistic field, the Map of Language depicts the borders of the English language by making you familiarize four each sample sentences of 32 major and 16 extended families of sentences in English, which enable you to view the whole English language at a single glance as if a picture pasted on a wall – an enviable outcome even for the highest scholar of the English language. The second advantage of this invention is that it enables you to know and describe ‘how much of English you have learned up to a particular date and how much is left to be learned by you in the English language.
13. Instant Benefit from the books : An English medium High School student or anybody who has learnt English for some time, can fill up all the gaps in his mind, clear the doubts and get sufficient insight in English along with self confidence by a mere reading of these books, to become far better than most “Master of English” degree holders, because the knowledge given in these books is so accurate, clear, complete and systematic i.e. scientific and orderly. A thorough study will give them many times more value.